Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Devotional 12-17-19

Please read: Isaiah 7:10-16

14 Therefore, the Lord will give you a sign.  The young woman is pregnant and is about to give birth to a son, and she will name him Immanuel. 15 He will eat butter and honey, and learn to reject evil and choose good.     (Common English Bible)

I was given this date, December 17 to write a devotion. Today is the birth date of my son’s father.

Although we did not stay married very long, we reared a beautiful, hard-working, and God fearing, son.

He is loving and loved. I am ever grateful and blessed that God gave me a son to love. I am also grateful and blessed that God gave me His Son to love and be loved. It is a good day.

Matthew 1:22-23      22 All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet (Isaiah).  23 “ The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel,” ---which means, “God with us.”  (NIV)

This is the word of God for the people of God.  Thanks be to God.

Kay Lewis

No comments: