Thursday, December 03, 2009

Devotional 12-4-09

Read Philippians 1: 3-11

The God who began a good work in us continues it through our lifetime and will finish it when we meet him face to face. God’s work for us began when Christ died on the cross in our place. His work in us began when we first believed. Now the Holy Spirit lives in us, enabling us to be more like Christ every day. Paul is describing the process of Christian growth and maturity that began when we accepted Jesus and continues until Christ returns.

Do you sometimes feel as though you aren’t making progress in your spiritual life? When God starts a project, he completes it! God will help you grow in grace until he has completed his work in your life. When you are discouraged remember that God won’t give up on you. He promises to finish the work he has begun. When you feel incomplete, unfinished or distressed by your short comings, remember God’s promise and provision. Don’t let your present condition rob you of the joy of knowing Christ or keep you from growing closer to him.

Taken from Life Application Study Bible
New International Version


Dear Jesus,

There is no deeper comfort than knowing in my heart that You are with me always: here on earth and throughout eternity in heaven. I have known this great truth in my head for many years. However, my heart is fickle and tends to chase after other gods. Only as Your Spirit helps me can I grasp the awesomeness of Your Presence with me forever. Amen

Taken from Dear Jesus by Sarah Young

Melanie Herr

No comments: