Friday, December 18, 2009

Devotional 12-19-09

December 19, 2009

A Light Aglow

Stand up and show your soul because when we exhibit our soul it liberates others in allowing them to find the courage to shine in their own light. We change others when we brighten the day of another with the light of our soul. But what kindles that light aglow in dark times? For some, that may be will-power but who among us has the will-power to continue on for an entire life loving and shining? For others, it may be the desire to love but what happens when we find ourselves without love for others, unable to turn away from hatred? For yet others, it could be the love they feel from their peers, but what happens when that love light is scarce? It is the unending love of God that provides the oil for the lamp to burn through the night. It is the love of God that pushes us and inspires us when the times are dark. It is God’s love that compels us to love when our mind tells us differently, when the hatred that fills this world seeps into our thoughts like poison.

So I rely not on myself because I have not the power to persevere. I rely not on others to inspire my light, my love, and my life, for all together, they have not the love God has for one single human in existence. I rely on God’s love because it will forever burn the wick that keeps my heart aglow. Even when that wick seems out of reach, God’s love will never falter or lessen. I rely on God’s love because it is eternal and without limit. As long as I rely on God, the flame of my heart will never cease to glow. Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Ryan Lavalley

No comments: