Thursday, December 23, 2021

Devotional 12-23-21

 Isaiah 9:2-7

When we do the Advent devotionals I usually look for the readings about the day the baby was born. I love babies, holding them and whispering in those tiny ears how much I love them.

This time I read all the lectionary readings and Isaiah jumped out at me. The reason is that it talks about the people walking in darkness shall see a great light.

The last 22 months we have walked in darkness. I realize our country, the world have faced things like this before. Part of the difference is that we didn’t have 24 hour news talking to us constantly telling us how bad things are and how much worse they can be.

I’ve had to be very careful about the news I watch. I want to know what’s going on, I just don’t want to hear all the despair they pour out.

What I do want to see and remember is the tiny glow in the darkness. The lamp in the manger, the star in the sky that announces the birth of hope.

Sometimes it’s easy to forget that the old testament foretold the coming of the tiny baby who was and is the hope for every day. Isaiah and you and I know.

Everyday we need to give thanks to God for the gift of his son, the light of the world.

When it’s a dark day, talk to your Father in heaven. Thank him for the greatest gift ever given.
It was given for you and for me.

Merry Christmas!

Dear heavenly father, We thank you for the original gift that keeps on giving.  You gave your son to us and he gave his life for us.  Please dear Lord, help us to remember each and every day that you love us and care about who we are and what we need. May we go forth ready to care that same way for others we meet. May we share your love always and forever.  Amen.

Debbie McGinnis

No comments: