Friday, December 08, 2017

Devotional 12-8-17

Keeping history, HIS-story keepers

Every Christmas my family had the tradition to buy one new ornament for our tree. The ornament reflected something major that had happened in our lives that year. Some examples included my baby booties from the year I was born, a horse shoe from the year I got a horse, a Royal Guard figurine from the trip to London and Santa driving a convertible for the year I got my first car. It was also important to know the story behind each ornament so we could tell anyone our family history from each unique ornament.

As Christians we have similar special ornaments all throughout our lives and in our church that tell HIS-story. We have the manger, the cross, a lighted candle, Holy Communion and our Bible. These sacred ornaments remind us the stories of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost.. As Christians, it is equally important to know these stories to spread the word of HIS-story to other people throughout the world.

Devotional reading John 1:1-14

Laura Waggoner

No comments: