Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Devotional 12-19-17

Is it really only 6 days until Christmas!!  With all of the hustle and bustle, time certainly seems to fly.  At our house the Christmas Holiday season is full of traditions. The decorations, candy making, cookie baking, and of course preparation of the Christmas feast with all of the trimmings.  When my grandparents were living, we found ourselves at their house on Christmas Eve to open presents with them and usually a Monty’s Pizza was involved. It was a magical time of year when we also celebrated my mother’s birthday.  I remember one special Christmas in 1979, when I went into labor with our first son, Matthew. Mark and I were leaving his parents’ house after lunch when it all started. Well Matthew did not want to see the cold world and his arrival did not occur until the morning of Dec 26. I remember family being there to provide support waiting through the night to see this precious child. As I reflect on this momentous event, I am reminded of how alone Mary must have felt without her family around as she gave birth to our savior. Isaiah 41:10 reminds us that we are never alone. When we are feeling our loneliest and afraid we need to remember that God is with us always and provides the strength we need. We are never truly alone.

Sharon McAllister

No comments: