Thursday, December 20, 2018

Devotional 12-20-18

It is the Season

For every man there is a season.  I have had many seasons in my life. Some of them have been good and some of them have been very bad.  Last Sunday I picked up a copy of the Upper Room and turned to today’s date, December 20.

The author said that God gets us through all the seasons of our lives. Seasons can have many options to each of us.  It is now the Advent Season.  I talked with my sister about seasons in life.  She lost her husband a year ago and has been dealing with grief.  She saw life as the seasons of the year: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter.

I thought that her winter would be less desired, dark; but it was the opposite .She saw it as her goal: tranquility and peace. We are definitely defined by our feelings in choosing the season here.

However, I do not feel that the author meant the seasons of the year. I think that we have many seasons during our lifetimes. In Ecclesiastes Chapter three, we learn that to everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven. All of us can remember challenging seasons of our lives when but by the grace of God, we made it through the challenge. Yes, the GRACE OF GOD helped us through it.  I think that is what the author meant.  I am in the winter of my life and as I ponder it, I feel so blessed that that His Grace helped me through all the seasons of my life. I can remember when I lost my dear mother over 30 years ago, I was determined to hate the Advent Season because I lost her at Christmas Time. I planned on being miserable!  It took time, but God stayed with me through that long season to a sweet understanding of the real meaning and anticipation of the Advent Season. God also is with us during the sweet seasons of our lives such as the birth of a child or grandchild.

The Advent Season is the anticipation of the birth of a child that will be our Savior.

It should be a joyful season for us all.  We will have many seasons in our lives but if we need Him to help us get through any of them, He will be there.

Hear our Prayer:
Dear Heavenly Father,
Be patient with us as we go through our many seasons in life, we are not perfect, but with your help, we will be blessed and succeed.  Amen

Carol Brown

No comments: