Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Devotional 12-12-18

Rejoice!

“Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4: 4-7 NIV

It is very difficult to not be anxious about anything. Life seems to take us from one crisis to another, some minor, some major. Sometimes they seem to pile one on top of the other until you feel like you are drowning. Paul tells us to talk to God about everything that is troubling us. We are to present our prayers and petitions with thanksgiving. That’s a little harder to do when your body has gone into panic mode! And yet, I have found that if I slow myself down and take time to think about the situation, I can always find things for which I am grateful. That’s where the peace of God, which transcends all understanding comes in. I am convinced that a spirit of thankfulness is the key to true happiness.

How do you make your spirit of gentleness evident to all? I believe it naturally shines through you when you truly believe that God is near and spend time talking to him, listening, thanking, and praising him. We are blessed! Rejoice!!!

Margaret Williams

No comments: