Monday, December 01, 2014

Devotional 12-1-14

Psalm 85: 10-13
Love and faithfulness meet together:
 righteousness and peace kiss each other.
Faithfulness springs forth from the earth,
 and righteousness looks down from heaven.
The Lord will indeed give what is good,
 and our land will yield it harvest.
Righteousness goes before him,
 and prepares the way for his steps.

As the Advent season continues, we must prepare for the Birth of Christ. To prepare for Christ birth we must remember what he has already done for us. He Loves you and will never leave you.
In our past we may have had times that we question why something has happened in our life: such as illness, loss of a job, or death of a loved one. When you go through a difficult time you must keep the faith that God will be there for you to comfort and keep you in his care.

When I lost my Mother unexpectedly, I was devastated! Fred and I had gone to South Africa to visit our daughter and family and my brother was here to stay with Mom, she was in the hospital to determine where her pain was originating.  We returned home after a week because she had been diagnosed with Bone Cancer.  The cancer was aggressive and her condition deteriorated rapidly, she was moved to The Hospice House— 24 hours later she passed away after our return.

I had so many questions and what ifs: I felt guilty that I had doubts about my faith. For a while I just couldn’t continue my devotions, and really felt I needed help. After a while I called Hospice Grief Counseling and set up and meeting with a wonderful counselor that helped Fred and I so much.

If you feel you need help with your situation during this Advent season, don’t hesitate contacting your pastor or other counselor for the help you need. They can and will help you in many ways.

Always remember that Jesus is Love and that He will indeed give you what is good for you if you believe and continue to keep your faith, no matter what!

Pray
Dear Lord,
Please be with us during this time of Advent as we prepare for the coming of Christ, help us cope with the situations that we may be in to seek help and keep our faith alive because you Love us, All of us. Be with all of our families and wrap them in your loving arms as we prepare for Christ’s birth.
We ask this in Jesus name,
Amen

Melanie Herr

No comments: