Monday, December 12, 2011

Devotional 12-12-11


Our Goal!!

 Hope: In hope we are saved; we pray that we abide in hope.

 Peace: O, Prince of Peace, come and grant the world your peace.

 Joy: Joy to the world, the Lord is come.

 Love: God is love. God created us out of love and redeemed us out of love.

Folks, during this time of Advent we are preparing for the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  During the past several Sundays, we have examined Hope, Peace, Joy and this week Love.  But Advent is only the beginning of the message of Christ it is not the goal.  Our goal is to be like Christ, it is to bring Hope for those in need of being saved, of having/giving  Hope.  It is to bring Peace to wherever it is needed, to ourselves, our home, our family, our city, our church, our county and our world. It is Joy to all, the Joy of knowing our Lord of Peace and Hope that is found in and through him. And this week Love, the Love of our God.  Our God that came to walk and live among us through his son Jesus Christ.  To be the greatest example of Love of how we should live our lives even to the Cross. 

Please read Paul’s letter to the Philippians 3:12-21 

Focused on the Goal

12-14I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.
15-16So let's keep focused on that goal, those of us who want everything God has for us. If any of you have something else in mind, something less than total commitment, God will clear your blurred vision—you'll see it yet! Now that we're on the right track, let's stay on it.
17-19Stick with me, friends. Keep track of those you see running this same course, headed for this same goal. There are many out there taking other paths, choosing other goals, and trying to get you to go along with them. I've warned you of them many times; sadly, I'm having to do it again. All they want is easy street. They hate Christ's Cross. But easy street is a dead-end street. Those who live there make their bellies their gods; belches are their praise; all they can think of is their appetites.
20-21But there's far more to life for us. We're citizens of high heaven! We're waiting the arrival of the Savior, the Master, Jesus Christ, who will transform our earthy bodies into glorious bodies like his own. He'll make us beautiful and whole with the same powerful skill by which he is putting everything as it should be, under and around him.
The Message (MSG) Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson
Pray: Father thank you for your Love, for sending your son Jesus Christ to live among us to show us the way we should live our lives even to the cross.  Please help me live like Christ a life of Hope, Peace, Joy and LOVE.  In the name of Christ your Loving Son and the power of the Holy Spirit, Amen
To all With Hope, Peace, Joy and LOVE
Fred Herr

No comments: