Thursday, December 07, 2006

December 7 Devotion

Lectionary Reading: Isaiah 1:24-31

My Life Application Bible explains these verses by saying "God promised to refine his people similar to the way metal is purged with lye in a smelting pot. This process involves melting the metal and skimming off the impure dross until the worker can see his own image in the liquid metal."

Life isn't easy. It certainly isn't fair! Everyone has problems, and you don't usually have to look very far to find someone who has more than you! It isn't what happens to us that matters, but how we use the experience. We have a choice. We can become bitter and angry and shout "Why me?" or we can trust God to carry us through the rough times and to use them to continue to "refine" us so that we come closer to reflecting his image.

Prayer: Lord, help me to learn and grow from every experience life throws at me. Help me to trust you to see me through the difficult times. Use them to help me to grow in faith, in knowledge, and in compassion for others. Refine me Lord! Amen

Margaret Williams

No comments: