Friday, December 09, 2005

December 10 Devotion

I am so blessed. These are the first words that come to my thoughts as I sat down at my desk to write once I had read the lectionary reading which is Psalm 27. Basically, the reading has to do with feeling safe and secure in the arms of God and leaving the fears and apprehensions in His hands. This has always been very difficult for me.

This past summer has been a difficult one for me because of my health. When I was in the hospital, I learned how God's angels here on Earth can put their arms and prayers around me. I was touched by their care and prayers. I know that this made all the difference in my recovery. I felt His hands on me at the height of my pain. I could feel myself getting better. A dear friend sent me a card that read, "Relax, God is in charge." It was that simple.

These words came from Psalm 27, "I will see the Goodness of the Lord in the land of the living." I am confident of this.

I am blessed.

Carol Brown

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this, Carol. Short and sweet and to the point!