Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Devotional 12-20-22

When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child, when I became an adult, I put away childish ays.    1Corinthians 13:11  NRSV


When I was a child, I looked forward, I anticipated, I expected material gifts. Paper dolls, baby dolls, roller skates, a bicycle, not so many clothes, although as I aged, I wanted clothes, too. Looking through the SEARS, J.C. Penneys, and any other catalog, making my list for Santa Claus. Material gifts, things, stuff.

 Now that I am older, I am downsizing, decluttering, repurposing material things, stuff. Since retiring, I do not need or want all this stuff in my home. I enjoyed having it at one time, but not anymore.

What I want and need now, are things like items to eat. good health, successful surgery that rids my body of pain, time with family and friends, a place to live, and warmth on these cold days and nights. I want and need simple things not stuff. I pray for hope, along with joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, and love, to us all through Christ our Lord.

For God so loved the world that he gave his only son that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
John 3:16 RSV        

Jesus Christ, the greatest gift of all!  Amen

Kay Lewis

No comments: