Saturday, December 10, 2022

Devotional 12-10-22

The Prayer Box

In a recent moving sale at Woodlands’, I found a grubby little tin box, about 3 by 5 inches that read on the outside in capitalized black letters, PRAYER BOX.   
 
I opened it.  Inside the lid I read these words:
When your head starts to worry
and your mind just can’t rest
Put your prayers down on paper,
And let God do the rest.

 In addition, there was a little pad of paper and tiny pen.  I paid a quarter and bought the box.  I polished it vigorously and now it looks much better. Little blue flowers adorn it as well.  This box, though small,  has now become part of my devotion time.  After praying for people and concerns, I feel that I can leave them to God and his merciful care.

Jesus said in Matthew 11:28-30, New International Version: 
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

My prayer box helps me remember those words.

Martha Casey


No comments: