Monday, December 08, 2008

Devotional 12-9-08

Who do we love?


I would venture to say that we as God's children love God. You are probably thinking "what a simple statement, of course we love God.” What I mean is, everything in this life that we truly love: nature, friends, beauty, our spouses, music, movies, family, children, etc. all come from Him. They are all gifts. We consciously or unconsciously see God in all of these things; therefore, it's God that we are truly in love with. I'm sure this is a concept that a lot of you have already figured out. It's taken me a while. I can remember being in high school and not finding the most popular boys attractive, and my friends thinking I was crazy. Well, it was simple. I didn't see Jesus in them. It didn't matter how good looking they were. Jesus was no where to be found.

Everything that is good in this world comes from God. Try paying more attention to all the gifts He gives us. The beauty of nature, sounds that please you (no matter what they are), smells that please you (mine are coffee, coffee and coffee ), a touch of a loved one; the list goes on and on. The next time any of these things happen just close your eyes and silently say "Thank you.” You will soon come to the realization as I did; that our lives are full of blessings and that what we truly love in this life is HIM.

Jenny Matthews

No comments: