Thursday, January 03, 2008

Devotional 1-4-08

Lectionary Reading: Hebrews 11:23-28, 32-40

Hebrews talks about faith. It is because of faith, this belief in God, that I pray.

My praying consists of bedtime, morning time, praying while driving alone with the radio off in the car, and a plea or thank you prayer here and there, among other times.I have heard of prayer journals and recently read of a prayer bag. I was reading the October 24,2007 entry of The Upper Room. It was written by Robin Priestley of New Mexico, whose friend gave her a "God Bag". It is a brown paper bag in which she wrote in purple ink, "Robin's God Bag". The instructions were to write concerns and worries on slips of paper and to put the slips in the bag.

I think this is such a good idea and hope to use it to help me focus on praying. I do believe I have ADD, Attention Deficit Disorder, and most of the time I will begin praying and end up thinking about something else. I need to focus and am hoping a Prayer Journal or God Bag will aid me in doing such. I do have faith that prayer works and need all the help I can get. I have a lot to pray about these days.

With that in mind, let's pray.

Dear God, I know You know my thoughts and my heart. Please help me to focus and express my joys and concerns to you. Thank you for your Son in whose name I pray. Amen.

Kay Lewis

No comments: