Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Devotional 12-15-20

 Readings;  2 Samuel 7:1-11,16,  Luke 1:26-39,  Luke 1:46b-55,  Psalm 89:1-4.19-26,  Romans 16:25-27 CEB


Faith is the overwhelming theme throughout the readings for this week of Advent.  In 2 Samuel we hear from the Prophet Nathan that God is instructing him to tell King David to build him a house. That the Lord who has been with them from their time in Egypt to Israel and had done great things for the people of Israel.  That this house and throne will live forever by faith.  In the Psalm reading we are reminded that God has always been faithful to his people.  But in the end, they and we are to have faith in God for he is our Rock.  

In the new testament reading, from Luke, we see the passages that we are all too familiar with that of Mary’s story.  That Mary had been found the favored one to conceive and give birth to Jesus, the Son of God.  Mary is perplexed by this but ultimately has the faith that may be so.  

Oh to have the Faith of the Israelites and Mary.  

In my life I have Faith that God is present and Jesus is always with me, but I have trouble in having faith in persons or entities that make decisions that affect aspects of my life.  Entities or persons that don’t know me!  That only see information that can affect my life.  See I worry what might happen in the future.  What I need to remember is the “God is in Control” not others! That what ever decisions are made it will be fine.  And when I have a worry I need to tell myself God is in control in all things and that Jesus is always by my side.  I need the Faith of Mary.

Romans 16:25-27 CEB
25 May the glory be to God who can strengthen you with my good news and the message that I preach about Jesus Christ. He can strengthen you with the announcement of the secret that was kept quiet for a long time. 26 Now that secret is revealed through what the prophets wrote. It is made known to the Gentiles in order to lead to their faithful obedience based on the command of the eternal God. 27 May the glory be to God, who alone is wise! May the glory be to him through Jesus Christ forever!  Amen.

Find Faith this Advent

Fred Herr

No comments: