Friday, December 19, 2008

Devotional 12-20-08

Christmas Homecoming

Last December 21, I was discharged from a nursing facility. I broke my femur on August 28. I had spent four long months away from home after surgery and extensive rehabilitation.

Upon returning to my home, I was greeted with a beautiful Christmas tree and all the traditional decorations I enjoy each year. This was the work of my grandson, Alex Laneggaer.

My daughter Kathy and her husband Paul had arranged for delivery of a plush, cranberry colored lift chair and a new therapeutic mattress.

Needless to say I was so happy to be home to share Christmas with my family. The day after Christmas, my grandson Brent Reams, who is a drama student at The University of South Florida, paid me a surprise visit.

Christmas is a time of anticipation and is extra special when spent with family in my own home.

Audrey Brown

No comments: