Sunday, November 27, 2016

Devotional 11-27-16


NEVER GIVE UP!
  
I read Isaiah 2: 1-5 several times.  I saw what he was saying but really did not get it.  Thinking about the world today, especially this country’s political situation in the presidential election, I find that it has lost the dignity and moral characteristics that I deem is so important.

I am so negative and he is so positive. I know that by the time you read this, the decision will be made and I pray that the healing will start to take place. Maybe prayer is the answer.

Isaiah laid out the violence, unfaithfulness, bribery, and trampling of the poor. I see horrible happenings such as Aleppo, terrorist attacks, shootings.  The list could go on. How could I expect weapons to become plowshares, spears become pruning hooks, peace on Earth?

Then I read a commentary by Barbara Lundblad.  She created the lightbulb that went off over my head!  She said that Isaiah was a realist.  He saw what was happening.  He was talking about the future.  ADVENT SEASON is all about looking toward the future.  But for now all we can do is pray:

God of Peace, bring an end to the war in Syria. HEAR OUR PRAYER

We can never give up.  We can help the people see by looking at what people have accomplished when they never gave up. We can see this through our history, especially in this country.  Prayer and standing strong for what is the right thing to do is the answer.  During this ADVENT SEASON we look forward to the celebration of our God’s birth and the lessons that He will teach us.  We must stand with Isaiah in placing our faith in Our God and in our Prayers for the future.

Let us pray:
God of Peace, Give us the faith and the ability to believe that the future that Isaiah saw for us will come to pass.
HEAR OUR PRAYER
Carolee Brown

No comments: