Saturday, December 21, 2013

Devotional 12-21-13

Psalm 80:19 – Restore us, O LORD God of hosts; let your face shine, that we may be saved!

As I began to write this devotional, trying to find the hope and promise of the advent season has been difficult. There have been some changes in my life that have made searching for hope difficult to say the least. Then, as with most times of doubt and despair, God’s face shines and the hope of a new day can be seen through His grace.

In this time of hope and new beginning, I have been struggling to find the joy of the season. I have felt that my prayers were falling on deaf ears, and I felt alone. Then without notice or warning, God shows us that we are not alone, and our prayers do not fall on deaf ears. He provides us with signs that he is here, and cares for our every tear. His face shines upon us through many different ways.

In the last few weeks, I have been surprised by conversations that I am sure have been when God’s face has been shining on me. In one conversation, I was reminded that when we are in need, the Holy Spirit will take our load. I was also reminded by another conversation of the comfort that can be felt knowing that others are offering prayers for those in a time of need can be very powerful. Can you imagine the fear and doubt that Joseph and Mary must have felt? There must have been many times where they felt scared, alone, and the search for Joy and Love must have been very difficult. Joseph was prepared to dismiss Mary, until an angel appeared in a dream. The conversation he had in that dream convinced him that God had truly chosen him to be with Mary during this amazing time.

In this time of Hope, Love and Joy, remember that God’s face does shine upon us. When we have trouble finding peace, we need only to ask the Holy Spirit to carry the load. Holy Spirit, in this season of advent, many people continually struggle to find the comfort of God’s grace. Let His face shine upon you and give you peace. Amen

Hulse Budd

No comments: